Dr. B. Satheesh Kumar Bhandary
Dean, Professor of ENT, K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore 575018
Tel: +91-824-2204490 (Off); +91-824-2204471 (Hosp); +91-824-2216908 (Res) ;
+91-9845130517 (Mob) ; Fax: +91-824-2204162
Email : email@example.com
M.S. (E. N. T.), J.J.M. Medical College, Mysore University, 1986
D. L. O., Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore University, 1984
M. B. B. S., Mysore Medical College, Mysore University, 1979
Certification and Registration
Registered in Karnataka Medical Council. Registration No. KMC18762
Fellowships and Training
Indian Association of Otolaryngologists (IAO)Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery at Tata Memorial Cancer Institute, Mumbai (1984)
Professor of ENT (Dec1998 onwards)-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore, India
Associate Professor (1995 – 1998)-Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
Assistant Professor (1990-1994)-Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
Dean (Jul 2012 onwards)-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore, India
Vice Dean (Jun 2007 to Jun 2012)-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore, India
Head of the Department, ENT (Jan 1999 – Jul 2012)-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore, India
Clinical Appointments and Consulting Positions
Visiting ENT Consultant (2001 onwards)-New Mangalore Port Trust Hospital,Panambur, Mangalore, India
Consultant ENT Surgeon (1986-1988)-Alva’s Health Centre, Moodabidri, India
Honors and Awards
“AryaBhataAward”for Excellence in the field of Medicine by Aryabhata Cultural Association, Bangalore (2006)
“Distinguished Alumni Award” the Manipal Academy Of Higher Education, Manipal (1994)
“Eminent Educationist Award” by the National & International Compendium, New Delhi (2012).
Undergraduate course (Medical) - 25 years of teaching experience
Contributions to development and implementation of undergraduate curricula in capacities of Professor, HOD and Member of Board of Studies
Post-graduate courses - 21 years of teaching experience
Recognized Post-graduate and Ph.D. Guide at Nitte University
MS (ENT), DNB (ENT)
Guided 20 PG students
Contributions to development and implementation of postgraduate curricula in capacities of Professor, HOD and Member of Board of Studies
External Examiner, M. S. ( ENT) for Kathmandu University – March 2009
External Examiner, M. S. ( ENT) for Calicut Medical College – June 2010, June 2011.
External Examiner M. S. ( ENT) for Goa Medical College – May 2013.
Question paper setter M. S. ( ENT) Entrance Examination at Chennai
Examiner for MBBS for Nitte University, Mangalore; Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore and Manipal University, Manipal
Noise induced hearing loss
Stroboscopic evaluation in voice disorders
Radioprotectivephytoceuticals Grants “Evaluation and Optimization of Radio protective Activity of Bioactive Natural and Synthetic Compounds against whole body electron Beam irradiation” – funded by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Government of India (Rs. 16 Lakhs, 2011-2014)
“Prevalence of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and its influence on treatment
Outcome in patients with Head and Neck Squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)”
- funded by Nitte University (Rs.1 lakh 2013-15)
Committee and Organizational Services
Institutional Academic Committees
Regional Academic Committees
- Member, Board of Management, Nitte University (2012 onwards)
- Member, Academic Council, Nitte University (2012 onwards)
- Member, Board of Studies (Clinical) (2008 onwards)
Organization of Workshops
- Chairman, Local Inspection Committee for Nursing Colleges, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (2007-
- Member, Local Inspection Committee constituted by Mangalore University (2008-09)
- Chairperson, Institutional Ethics Committee, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India (Jan2012 onwards)
Was Organizing Secretary / Member, Organizing Committee for following events
- CME on “Obstructive Sleep Apnoea” at K.S.Hegde Hospital,Deralakatte on Saturday, 6th July 2013.
- Fifth Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course with Live Surgical Workshop on Phonosurgery& OSCE Mock Exam in Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, 1st to 3rd March 2013 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Symposium on “Post Laryngectomy Speech Rehabilitation” and workshop Laryngectomee Meet on November 10, 2012.
- Seminar on Noise Pollution and Noise Induced Hearing Loss on 16th October 2012.
- Fourth Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course & Sixth National ENT Update with OSCE workshop in Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, 24th and 25th February 2012 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- Workshop “Application of LASER in ENT” at K S Hegde Hospital, Deralakatte, Mangalore for Delegates from Iraq on 6th and 7th February 2012.
- hird Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course & 5 th National ENT Update with OSCE Workshop in Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, 10 – 12th Sept. 2010 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore KSHEMA Otorhinoplasty Workshop – a live surgical workshop on otoplasty and Rhinoplasty on 12Th & 13th March 2011, in Justice K.S Hegde Charitable Hospital.
- Seminar on “Noise pollution and noise induced hearing loss on 19th June 2010, at Justice K S Hegde Charitable Hospital.
- “2nd Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course & 4 th National ENT Update with OSCE workshop in Otorhinolaryngology with OSCE workshop in Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, 11 – 13th Sept. 2009, at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Second Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course & Fourth National ENT Update
- Meeting of Laryngectomee Club and Symposium on Post Laryngectomy Speech rehabilitation on 25.04.2009.
- Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Course & 3rd National ENT update with OSCE Temporal workshop, 19th, 20th & 21st September 2008 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy
- Live surgical workshop “Kshema Rhinoplasty Workshop” on 23rd November & 24th November 2007 at Justice K S Hegde Charitable Hospital.
- 25th AOI Karnataka state conference on 12th & 13th of May 2007 at T M A Pai Convention Centre, Mangalore.
- Basic Surgical Skills & OSCE Workshop in Otorhinolaryngology -Head & Neck Surgery on 15th & 16th December 2006 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Fourth Otology Live Surgery workshop & DNB/PG orientation Course, K.S.Hegde Medical Academy,14 – 16th May 2004.
- Second International workshop on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery held at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy from 24th -26th November 2003 (FESS KSHEMA 2003) which included two days Live Surgery Workshop followed by one day Hands-On Cadaveric FESS for 22 delegates. Dr.Nicholas Spencer Jones from UK was the guest faculty.
- Karnataka State level ENT Quiz Competition “KSHEMA ENT 2003” for MBBS students on 24th August 2003
- Third Otology Live Surgery Workshop & CME on 26th January 2003 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Live Parotid Surgery Workshop at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy on 22nd September 2002
- Second Live Otology Workshop on 21st April, 2002 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy.
- Otology Live Surgery Workshop and CME held at the K.S.Hegde Medical Academy on the 22nd April 2001.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop held at the K.S. Hegde Mediacl Academy (FESS KSHEMA 2000), Deralakatte, on the 20th & 21st October 2000.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Conducted ENT check-up and follow up camps for school children with specific reference to the hearing impaired and also arranged hearing aids for the hearing impaired children through service organizations like Lions Club Mangalore and Indian Medical Association,Bantwal Annually since 1995.
- “Project Nishabdha”, an ongoing community project on the detection of Noise induced hearing loss in individuals working in a noisy environments and creation of awareness about noise induced hearing loss.
- Was instrumental in establishing the “Mangalore Laryngectomee Club” at K.S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore which is the only registered member Club of “The International Laryngectomee Association (IAL)” in India. The mission of the IAL is to support individuals and their families, who have lost their voice due to the removal of their larynx by assisting and coordinating educational/support conferences and continuing the legacy of one laryngectomee helping another out of voicelessness
Invited Speaker and Resource Person at Workshops
- Indian Medical Association
a. Secretary Indian Medical Association, South Kanara Branch in 1996
b. Treasurer Indian Medical Association, South Kanara Branch in 1997
c. President Indian Medical Association South Kanara Branch in 2008
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI)
a. President, Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Karnataka chapter in 2006-07.
b. President, Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Karavali Branch in 1999-2000
- Indian Society of Otologists
4. Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists
5. Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Workshop on Head & neck Surgery & Hands-on Workshop on Laser Surgery in ENT Head & Neck held on 13-15, March 2015 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- ELIXIR 2015 International Undergraduate Medical Conference held on 6th – 7th March 2015 organized by K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- CME on Drug Presentation: Current Scenario held on 12th December 2014 KSHEMA, Mangalore
- 4th National Conference of Society of Biological Scientists of India SOBSICON 2014 on 18th – 20th November 2014 at Yenepoya University Campus, Deralakatte.
- 23rd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Otology on November 14, 15 & 16, 2014 at Chennai.
- 4th India ENT Conclave 2014 Conference at Mumbai on 23rd August 2014.
- Resource person in the workshop Master Class Live Surgery held on 16-08-2014 at
Vijaya ENT Care Centre. Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- Resource person in the workshop ‘Qualitative method in Health Research’ held on 24th& 25th May 2014 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore
- Resource per in CME on Temporal Bone Dissection, PG-Mock Exam and OSCE held on 7th, 8th& 9th March 2014 at K.S.hegde Medical Academy, Derlakatte, Mangalore
- Resource person in CME on ‘Nephrology & General Medicine’ held on 03-03-2014 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- Resource person at 2nd International (Rhinoplasty Workshop / Cadaveric Dissection course) held on the 6th, 7th& 8th September 2013 at Mimer Medical College, TalegaonDabhade, Pune.
- Resource person in the ISOCON 2013 held at NIMHANS Convention Centre Bangalore on 8th, 9th and 10th of November 2013.
- Resource person in Nanomedicine and Molecular Biology organized by the dept. of Biochemistry, KSHEMA on 21st to 23rd November 2013 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- Delivered Invited lecture on “Treasure to unearth – Medicinal Plants in Western Ghats” at the 33rd Annual Conference of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists International Symposium on Recent Trends and Advances in Biomedical Research-an Integrated Approach held on November 1-3, 2012 at K.S.Hegde Auditorium,Deralakatte.
- Learned speaker & Symposist in the Seminar – Workshop on Management of Oral & Maxillofacial Cancer & Working – Group Meeting on 23 June, 2012, at A.B.Shetty Institution of Dental Sciences.
- Resource Person, Workshop on Head & Neck Onco-Surgery held on 1 – 3 June 2012 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Resource Person, Fusion Radio ENT workshop held at Rajarajeshwari Medical College on 4th February 2012.
- Invited Speaker, International conference on “Emerging frontiers and challenges in radiation biology” on January 24 and 25th at Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Resource Person, 3rd Rhinoplasty hands- on Workshop held at JJ hospital, Mumbai from 9th to 11th December 2011
- Moderator for the Cadaveric dissection during Phonocon KMC 2011 held at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 2nd & 3rd Sept 2011.
- Panelist at “Vertigo” Panel discussion at Bangalore on 19/07/2011.
- Resource Person at “Workshop on Head & Neck Surgery and Hands-on Workshop on Laser Surgery in ENT & Head and Neck” On 27-29, March 2009 at KMC,
- Resource Person, “National CME & Live Surgical Workshop on Phonosurgery & Endoscopic Sinus Surgery” on 8th, 9th & 10th May 2009 at K M C, Mangalore-
delivered a Lecture on “Fungal Sinusitis”.
- Delivered a guest lecture “Common Problems in ENT” – Indian Medical Association, Puttur on May 2009.
- Resource Person at “Temporal Bone Dissection Course” at Medical Trust Hospital, Kochi on 3rd May 2009.
- Delivered lecture “Discharging Ear” at Surathkal IMA meeting on 24th September 2008.
- Panelist in “Headache and sinusitis” IMA south canara branch – 2008.
- Panelist in Panel discussion on “Allergic rhinitis”, 26th AOI state conference at Davangere from 29th to 31st August 2008
- Invited Speaker, CME/ENT Head & Neck update held at Manipal, on 9th July 2008 – Lecture on “Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma”.
- Delivered talks on “Familiarizing Endoscopic sinus surgery instruments” on 10/05/08 and “Balloon sinuplasty” on 11/5/2008 at AOI Malabar branch 20th Annual Conference 2008 at Calicut on 10th & 11th May 2008.
- Addressed family Doctors association of Mangalore and gave a talk on “Recent Trends in the management of Sinusitis”.
- . Addressed AOI, Calicut Branch and gave lecture on Voice Rehabilitation in Laryngectomy patients, 19th & 20th December 2007.
- Chairperson for the 7th National Conference of the Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology held on 26th, 27th & 28th October 2007 at Mangalore
- AOI south zone & Kerala state annual conference, “SZENTCON “ on 5th, 6th & 7th October 2007 held at Thiruvananthapuram- was a panelist on “Nasal polyposis”.
- Invited Speaker, Golden Jubilee celebration of Calicut Medical College- Symposium on ENT: Delivered a guest lecture on “FRONTAL SINUS MADE EASY” and participated in a panel discussion on Cholesteatoma on 21st January 2007.
- Delivered a lecture on “Allergic Fungal Sinusitis” during AOI Tamilnadu conference held at Ooty in September 2006
- Invited Speaker, CME in ENT and Head & Neck Oncology held on 21st January 2006 in JJMMC, Davangere.
- Delivered a guest oration titled “Paediatric Endoscopic Sinus surgery (ESS)” and moderated a panel discussion titled “Is tonsillectomy justified in chronic tonsillitis without aerodigestive tract obstruction?” in the Paediatric Otolaryngology conference held at Fr. Muller Medical College on 15th October 2005
- Moderated a panel discussion on “Phonosurgery ” in the International Live Surgical workshop & CME on Head & Neck Diseases and Skull base tumors held from 23rd to 25th September 2005 at Kasturba Medical College , Mangalore
- Live surgical demonstration of Endoscopic DacryoCystoRhinostomy (DCR) in a workshop on” Nasal sinus endoscopy -Emerging frontiers in FESS” on 3rd September 2005 held at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore.
- Resource Person, Third Live Surgery Workshop on FESS at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 24th & 25th May 2003
- Invited Talk, “Rhinosinogenic Headache – Recent Trends In Management”, organized by Indian Medical Association (IMA), Puttur on 17th May 2003
- Delivered a talk on “Allergic Fungal Sinusitis” to the AOI Malabar Branch at Calicut on 3rd & 4th May
- Resource Person, 8th Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop in Singapore from 30th November to 2nd December 2002.
- Moderator in an operative session during the National Conference On Otology in Kochi between 15-17th November 2002.
- Panelist for “Endoscopic Sinus Surgery” during the International FESS Hands On Workshop in Manipal from 11-13th October, 2002.
- Panelist for “Headache in children” conducted by the Karnataka Chapter of AOI and Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologist of India at Bangalore on 30-31st September 2002.
- Chaired a Live Endoscopic surgery session during the KKR FESS workshop in Chennai on 30th & 31st August 2002
- Delivered a Guest lecture on “Near Total Laryngectomy-our experience” during the 7th CME of AOI Manipal branch held on 4th May 2002
- South Zone ENT Conference at Manipal on 4th to 6th October 2001 – Panelist in Panel Discussion of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.
- Resource Person, FESS 2001 at Cochin on 21st October 2001
- Resource Person, International Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop at Chennai in April 2001.
- Resource Person, IVth International Hands-on Workshop on “Temporal Bone Microsurgical Dissection” and “2nd KTP/532 Laser Workshop” held in Manipal in November 2000.
Presentations at Conferences and Scientific Meetings
- B Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, KP Sharmila, N Suchetha Kumari, Vadisha S Bhat. Assessment of Anti- Inflammatory Activity of Punica granatum L. Ethanol Extracts and Synthetic Ellagic Acid in Swiss Albino Mice. American Journal of Pharmacy & Health Research 2014; 2(4):70-81
- K Biniyam, Vadisha Bhat, Satheesh Kumar B Bhandary, Rajeshwary Aroor. Asymptomatic mucormycosis of middle ear: An incidental finding during Tympanoplasty. Indian Journal of Otology 2014;20(2):36-38
- Sebin Tom Scaria, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Rajeshwary A, and Vadisha Srinivas Bhat. Radiological Evidence of Frequency of Involvement of Paranasal Sinuses in Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Research and Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences 2014; Volume 3( 2):118-21
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Sharmila KP, Suchetha Kumari N, Vadisha S Bhat, and Ganesh Sanjeev. Ameliorative Activity of Punica granatum Extracts and Ellagic acid against Radiation Induced Biochemical Changes in Swiss Albino Mice. RJPBCS 2014; 5(2): 1097-1107
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Vadisha Srinivas Bhat. A case of sphenoid sinus mucocele following endoscopic sinus surgery for fungal sinusitis. Nitte university journal of health science. vol. 3, no.4, December 2013. 117-9
- Vadisha Srinivas Bhat, Rajeshwary Arror, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Shama Shetty. traumatic arteriovenous malformation of cheek- A case report and review of literature. Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: An International journal. 09/2013; 5(3):173-7.
- Bhat SP, Prasad HLK, Bhandary BSK, Baikunje S, Bhat V. Metachronous nodal and nasal Rosai Dorfman’s disease presenting with chronic renal failure. Clinical Rhinology-An International Journal 2013;6(3):139-43
- Saldanha M, Bhat V, Bhandary BSK, Scaria ST. Silent sinus syndrome:A case report and review of literature. Clinical Rhinology-An International Journal 2013;6(3):144-8
- B. Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, K P Sharmila, N Suchetha Kumari , S. Vadisha Bhat. Acute and subacute toxicity study of the ethanol extracts of Punica granatum (linn) whole fruit and seeds and synthetic ellagic acid in swiss albino mice. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 6, Suppl 4, 2013, 192-198
- B.Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, N. SuchethaKumari, S VadishaBhat and K P Sharmila. Assessment of Antioxidant Potential of Various Extracts of Punicagranatum Linn: An Invitro Study. International Journal of Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences. Vol.2(2) Apr – Jun 2013
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VadishaSrinivasBhat, Multiple Laryngeal Papillomatosis is an Adult Masquerading as a Laryngeal Malignancy: A case report, Vol 6-1, Feb 14, 2013.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VadishaSrinivasBhat, Rishi Ajay Khanna, Frontal Sinus Mucocele following a trivial facial trauma, presenting as a pyocele – A case report, NUJHS, Vol.3, No.1, March 2013.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, SuchethaKumari N, VadishaS.Bhat, Sharmila K P, Mahesh Prasad Bekal, Preliminary Photochemical Screening of Various Extracts of PunicaGranatum Peel, Whole Fruit and Seeds, NUJHS, Vol2, No.4, December 2012, ISSN 2249-7110.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VadishBhat, Congenital rubella syndrome; It Still Exists.Indian Journal of Clincal and Diagnostic Research, 2012 April, Vol.6(2):301-302.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VadishBhat, ShwethaShenoy M, Choanal Atresia – A clinical study of review of litreature. Nitteuniversity Journal of Health Sciences. Vol 2, March 2012. Page No: 37.
- VadishBhat, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, M. ShwethaShenoy, Sathish Chandra BK, Girish BS. A rare case of Lupus Carcinoma of External Nose. Indian Journal SurgOncol 2(3)215-217
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Biniyam K, Vadish S Bhat, Balakrishna P S. Common foreign body, Unusual Site. Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck surgery. Vol 145(6); 1060-61.
- SatheeshBhandary, VadishBhat,M.ShwethaShenoy. Laryngectomy: From Stridor to Survival – our Experience. Nitte University Journal of Health Sciences Vol.1,No.1-3, September 2011.
- Siddartha, VadishaBhat, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VijayaShenoy, Rashmi (2012). Otitis media with effusion in relation to socioeconomic status- a community based study. Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck surgery 64(1): 56–58
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VinayVaidyanathan, VadishBhat, Biniyam K, ShwethaShenoy. Neck Schwannoma Masquerading as a Carotid Body Tumour.Journal of Clinical Diagnostic Research. 2011 June. Vol-5(3):654-656
- Harish S Permi, Sunil Kumar Y,Vimal K Karnaker, Kishan Prasad H L, S Teerthanath, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary. A Rare Case of Fungal Maxilla Sinusitis due to Paecilomyces as a Subcutaneous Swelling. Journal of Laboratory Physicians / Jan – Jun 2011/Vol-3/Issue- 1
- SatheeshkumarBhandary, VadishaBhat. Rhinophyma – Excision by Diode Laser. World article in Ear, Nose & Throat. Vol.4.No.1.(2011).
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary ,VadishSrinivasBhat, M. ShwethaShenoy . A Rare Case of Skull Base Metastasis from Follicular Carcinoma of Thyroid. Indian J SurgOncol. Vol 1. No 4( Dec 2010). 334-336
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary , B. UshaRanganna , Vadisha S. Bhat. Preauricular Epidermal Inclusion Cyst Of Mastoid Origin Following Modified Radical Mastoidectomy. Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck surgery. Vol 62. Supplement1, 2010. 76-78.
- Siddartha, Shenoy V, Bhandary S, Bhat V, Rashmi. Secretory Otitis Media In Relation To Malnutrition – A Community Based Study. The World Articles in Ear, Nose and Throat. Vol 3(2) 2010.
- . SatheeshkumarBhandary, VadishaBhat, M. ShwethaShenoy. Sublingual epidermoid cyst— a case report. Health. Vol.2, No.6. 391-394 (2010).
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, VadishaBhat, PoonamDevadiga. ‘Disseminated rhinosporidiosis- a report of two cases’. Gujarat Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck surgery(Jun- Jul 2009). Vol 6, Number1. 10-11
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Usha B R, VadishaBhat. ‘Efficacy of particle repositioning maneuvers in benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Gujarat Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck surgery ( Nov-Dec 2008). Vol 5(2): 12-14
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, B. UshaRanganna. Lupus Vulgaris of external nose Indian J. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. (October–December 2008) 60:373–375
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Ranjit Peter, ShrinivasBhat. Delusional parasitosis in ENT. Indian J. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg (October–December 2008) 60:387–389.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary. Cutaneous Rhinosporidiosis. Indian J dermatol Venereol Leprol 2007. Vol 73/issue 3.
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Shrinath D P Kamath. “ A Clinical Study on Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Foundry Workers” in Indian Journal Of Otology December 2004.
- BhandaryS . Innovative Surgical Technique in the Management of Vallecular Cyst. Online J Health Allied S cs . 2003; 3: 2
- SatheeshBhandary, Thomas Varghese Mannil. A Comparative Study In The Management of Auricular Pseudocysts. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Vol. 52, No. 3, July – September 2000
- Satheesh Kumar Bhandary. “KlippelFeil Syndrome –Apropos Of A Case” published in Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Vol .50 , No.4 , Oct . – December 1998.
- Won the Best Paper Award for the presentation titled “Radio protective Potential of
Punica Granatum extract and Synthetic Ellagic acid: A Biochemical and
Hematological study in Mice” in International Conference on ‘Global Trends in
Academic Research (GTAR 2014)’ held at Bali, Indonesia on June 2-3, 2014.
- International Conference on Radiation Biology & Clinical Applications held on 25 – 27
October 2013 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- “Uncinectomy& MMA” at AOI Southcon & Kentcon – 2011, held at Calicut, on 14th to
16th October 2011.
- Won the gold medal for the best video presentation on Rhinosporidiosis at 23rd
Karnataka State Conference May, 2005 at Hubli.
- “Near Total Laryngectomy-Our Experience” at the National ENT Conference held at
Cochin in January 2000.
- Co-authored a paper titled “Innovations in ENT” presented by Sai Ram Bharathan in the South Zone conference. Mangalore, October 1999 which won the Bronze Medal in the P.P Devan Gold Medal Category.
- Co-authored a paper titled “Voice Conservation Surgeries In Laryngeal Cancer” presented by JayaramGowda at the South Zone ENT conference, Mangalore, October 1999, which won a Bronze Medal in its category.
- “Delusional Disorders in EntOpd “at the South Zone Conference at Bangalore in July 1998.
- “Oral Cancers A Clinical Study “in South Zone ENT conference ’98 held at Bangalore.
- “Reconstruction Of The Nose “ in South Zone ENT Conference ’98 held at Bangalore
- “Reconstruction of the Nose With Frontotemporal Flap” in STATECON 1998.
- “Comparative Study in the Management of Auricular Pseudocysts” in STATECON 97 held at Belgaum.
- “Tongue Flap In Reconstruction of Oral Cancer” in State conference of Otolaryngology held at Bangalore in 1996.
- “Reconstruction of Nose After Cancer Surgery Of Nose” South Zone Conference of Otolaryngology held at Vijayawada in September 1994.
- “Haemangiomas in ENT “at the South Zone Conference of Otolaryngology in the year 1994 held at Vijayawada.
- “A Rare Case of Neurilemmomaof The Maxillary Sinus” in 44th Annual Conference of Association of Otolaryngologists of India held at Bombay in 1992.
- “Laryngeal Involvement In Von RecklingHausen’s Disease” in South Zone Conference
Of Otolaryngology, 1985.