DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
NEWS & EVENTS
CLINICAL - UROLOGY
The Urology department started functioning since inception of KSHEMA, under the leadership of Professor. Dr. V.N. Bhat. From 2006 onwards Dr. Rajeev T.P is the head of the department and had shown tremendous progress in all aspects. In 2011, the first kidney transplantation surgery in K.S. Hegde Hospital was conducted. The department initiated the first super specialty post graduate course (M.Ch Urology) in KSHEMA for the academic year 2016.
Non teaching staff
|Dr. Rajeev T.P
|| Dr. Arun R Menon
|| Dr. Suraj Hegde
|Prof & H.O.D
MBBS, MS, DNB
|MBBS, MS, DNB
|MBBS, MS, MCh
- Mrs. Chethana Salian (Department Secretary)
- Mrs. Sandhya A.P (Urology Technician)
- Br. Kushalappa Gowda M (OPD in charge)
- Br. Mahesh K (OT staff)
- Sr. Nagaveni (OT staff)
- Mr. Muralidhara M (C-arm Technician)
The Urology department has regular OPD’s and operation theatres every day.
Daily OPD (10am – 4pm) – 3rd Floor, Adyanthaya Block.
Speciality Clinics :
Infertility / Oncology / Sex clinic / Stone clinic
Performs Andrology work for KSHEMA IVF Lab.
Conduct Renal Transplantation meetings with Nephrology and Transplant Anesthesia team.
- Day care surgeries
- Office Urology procedures
- Endo Urological surgeries of kidney ureter, urinary bladder, Prostate and urethra
- Advanced laparascopic procedures
- Urodyanamic studies (UDS) for functional assessment of bladder
- Extra corporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Uro Oncology surgeries
- Female urological procedures for incontinence
- Renal transplantation (Live & Cadaveric)
- Re-constructive Urology
- Pediatric Urology
- Daily teaching programmes, including case discussion, Seminars and Journals
- The faculty activity participate in Workshops, Conference and CME’s
- Encourage research activities, clinical and lab studies, Podium presentations and academic publications among faculty, PG students and PhD scholars.