M.Sc Anaesthesia and Operation Theatre Technology
In the modern era, major and complicated surgeries are made possible with the aid of high-tech equipments and techniques. To handle these equipments and assist the anaesthesiologist and specialist surgeon, there is a special role for well trained and qualified technologists in the operation theatre.
This is a job oriented course that provides ample job opportunities. Due to the fast expanding healthcare facilities both in the government and private sector, there is lot of scope for Anaesthesia and OTT professionals. They are usually employed in the operation theatres of large teaching hospitals, private and other corporate hospitals. Post graduate technologists can take up teaching, research or work as application specialist, OT technologist, clinical supervisor and even as a clinical research consultant. Professionals may eventually specialise in specific fields such as cardiothoracic, paediatric or any other advanced sub specialities. There is a scope to get fellowship or Ph. D after post graduation.
Eligibility for admission:
A candidate seeking admission to M.Sc. (Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology) course must have passed Bachelor’s degree of minimum of 3.5 years duration in Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology, recognized as equivalent by Nitte University, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
Intake & Duration:
Intake: 10 | Duration: 2 years
List of documents to be produced at the time of admission:(Original+3attested copies)
Commencement of course :
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth.
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate.
- B. Sc (A & OTT) degree marks cards of all years.
- B. Sc (A & OTT) Provisional / Degree certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied.
- Physical fitness and Blood Group certificate.
- Aadhar card copy of the student.
- Recent color photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35mm X 45 mm (Passport size) & 20mm X 25mm (Stamp size)
The course commences as per the date prescribed by Nitte (Deemed to be University) most likely in the second week of August.