M.Sc MLT – Haematology and Blood Transfusion
Medical laboratory technologists serve as members of the healthcare team, performing laboratory tests related to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. They work in an interesting and dynamic environment using high-tech instruments to analyze samples and generate information with accuracy, which assists the healthcare professionals.
There is a high demand for trained lab professionals. With the advent of accreditation to laboratories, the need for competent, skilled medical laboratory technicnologists is high and is expected to increase significantly in the coming years.
Apart from the practical training in the laboratories, students get exposed to several tests done in various laboratories like Microbiology, Haematology, Cytology, Blood bank, Biochemistry, Toxicology etc.
Eligibility for admissions:
A candidate seeking admission to M.Sc (MLT) course must have a recognised degree of B.Sc (MLT) of 3 1/2 years duration, including six months duration internship from a recognised Indian University or a degree recognised equivalent by Nitte (Deemed to be University) and who has secured not less than 50% of the minimum marks (aggregate of all years).
Intake & Duration
Intake: 10 Duration: 2 yrs
List of documents to be produced at the time of admission (Original +3 attested copies):
Commencement of course
10th std marks card/pass certificate for proof of date of birth
- B. Sc Medical Laboratory Technology Marks cards of 3 years
- B. Sc Medical Laboratory Technology degree / Provisional Degree Certificate issued by a recognised University
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended
- Migration certificate from the Board of the institution last studied
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Blood group certificate
- Aadhar card copy of the student
- Photographs : Recent color photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35mm X 45 mm (Passport size) & 20mm X 25mm (Stamp size)
The course commences as per the date prescribed by Nitte (Deemed to be University) most likely in the second week of August.