Medical Education Unit-KSHEMA
The Medical Council of India, by the MCI Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997, made it mandatory for all medical colleges to establish Medical Education Units (MEUs) or departments to enable faculty members to avail modern education technology for teaching.
Medical Education Unit- K. S. Hegde Medical Academy is established as per the MCI guidelines. It conducts regular faculty development programmes, guest lectures on medical education, clinical society meetings, inputs to strengthen the curriculum design and evaluation, skill lab utilization, interns and Postgraduate orientation programmes and research methodology workshops for the faculty and the postgraduates.
- To sensitize teachers about new concepts in teaching and assessment methods
- To update knowledge using current information and research methodology tools.
- Provide oversight on the educational activities of the medical college (UG &PG).
- Ensure continuous quality improvement in Medical education plan, implement and evaluate curricular development and faculty development in the medical college in alignment with the Medical Council of India initiatives.
- Ensure curriculum development through the curriculum committee.
- Ensure Faculty development by conducting Faculty development programs and workshops.
- Help develop specialized educational labs, like Skills lab, Simulation Centre, Communication labs etc.
- Facilitate educational research through projects and research publication.
- Keep the medical college updated of the current trends in Medical education by conducting workshops and conferences.
MCI Nodal Centre for Faculty Development programme- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi
Convener- Dr Roopa Bellad, Professor of Paediatrics, JNMC, Belgavi
Co-Convener- Dr Padmaja Wolvekar, Professor of Community Medicine, JNMC, Belgavi