Department of Oncology
The department of Oncology was inaugurated on March 26, 2013. The Department has facilities for Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Medical Oncology with fully equipped day care center to cater to both outpatient and inpatients. The Department consists of one Professor, two Asst. Professors and one Senior Resident.
Courses Offered – Ph.D.: We have 2 Ph.D. students in our department. Co- Guide for MD, MS and M.Sc. student and UG and PG student
Clinical Services (Departmental Infrastructure)
- The Department is equipped with Linear Accelerator (Dual energy photons, 5 energies of electrons and CT simulator first of its kind in Mangalore which can deliver Two Dimensional Radiotherapy (2DRT), Three Dimensional Radiotherapy (3DCRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT – Dynamic Leaf MLC – faster treatment) and Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT).
- The floor area of the department consists of 28000 sqft.
- The Department has one Minor OT and a bed strength of 40.
- Schemes applicable – Sampoorna Suraksha, Vajpayee Arogyashree, Yashashwini, Arogyabhagya, ESI, Kshema Health Card, Nerekere Kshema,
- Facilities extended - Patient counselling, pain & palliative, day care, Chemotherapy for solid malignancy
- Extension activities – attended Vajpayee camps at various places, attended radio programme for giving awareness about the department, information is given through brochures, and publicity is given through paper advertisement, radio and television.
- The department is one of the best equipped with best of its facilities including a Linear Accelerator, the first of its kind in Mangalore. We also offer good patient care.
- We have good interaction and co-ordination with other departments.