DEPARTMENT OF NEPHROLOGY
Set up in 2009, the Department of Nephrology has two consultants and a multidisciplinary team comprising of technicians, nurses and a dietician, offering high quality renal care to patients with kidney disease. In addition to this, the department is also actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education.
Facilities & Services
- Spacious and purpose-built dialysis unit
- 6 Haemodialysis machines
- Sophisticated water purification system including an additional safety mechanism called endotoxin filter which is a first in Mangalore and one of the very few in the country
- Renal ICU
- ARRT plus machine for hybrid treatment of unstable patients in ICU
- Plasma exchange service
- Outpatient dialysis at subsidised cost of Rs.500 plus consumables
- Daily OPD except on Sundays
- Comprehensive kidney health check-up package to screen for renal disease
Currently 28 chronic patients are undergoing maintancance harmodolysis apart from a number of patients with acute renal failure needing temprary harmodolysis who benefits from the facility. There is an excellent access service with two consultant urologists offering high quality care. the institution has been awareded licence to perform renal transplantation which is expected to start very shortly.
Recent Publications & other academic activities