About the Institution
K S Hegde Medical Academy, established in 1999 is recognized by the Medical Council of India / NMC, New Delhi. It is affiliated to Nitte (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru and situated in the Medical Sciences Complex at Deralakatte, Mangaluru. The college is ranked 36th in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2020 by MHRD, GoI among the medical colleges in India.
Dean: Prof. (Dr) P S Prakash, MBBS, MD (General Medicine) is a renowned physician and has nearly 4 decades of clinical, undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral training experience.
Ms Archana H V, MSc (MLT), has 16 years of academic and administrative experience.
Pass in 10+2, with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology and English as one of the languages of study. Candidate should be NEET-UG qualified. The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Candidates, who have passed Diploma in MLT awarded by the State Board or an equivalent, are eligible for direct admission to II year under lateral entry scheme.
Admission Procedure for BSc (A&OTT/MIT/MLT/RT)
Students seeking admission to BSc (A&OTT/MIT/MLT/RT) are required to submit the Admission Query form available on the homepage of www.nitte.edu.in
On receipt of the same, the Admission Section will guide the students with the process of registration and admission.
Admission to BSc (A&OTT/MIT/MLT/RT) is based on merit in the qualifying examination.
Documents required for admission to BSc (A&OTT/MIT/MLT/RT)
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth (Original + 3 attested copies)
- 12th standard marks card (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Transfer certificate from the institution last attended (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended
- Migration certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Blood group certificate
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- Diploma marks cards & Diploma certificate (For Lateral Entry)
Commencement of Course
The BSc (MLT) programme commences on the date prescribed by the Medical Council of India, generally during the first week of August.
|i Communicative English*
|ii Constitution of India*
| i Human Rights, Gender Equity and Environmental studies*
Other requirements: Internship (6 months)
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1: Apply knowledge and technical skills associated with medical laboratory technology for delivering quality clinical investigations support.
- PO2: Perform routine clinical laboratory procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in hematology, biochemistry, immunohematology and microbiology.
- PO3: Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior and professional awareness for functioning effectively as a laboratory technician.
- PO4: Apply problem solving techniques in identification and correction of pre analytical, post analytical & analytical variables.
- PO5: Operate and maintain laboratory equipments utilizing appropriate quality control and safety procedures.
- PO6: Recognize the impact of laboratory tests in a global and environmental context.
- PO7: Communicate effectively by oral, written and graphical means.
- PO8: Function as a leader / team member in diverse professional and industrial research areas.
- PO9: Apply the fundamentals of research process to complete and present research studies that enrich the field of physical therapy.
- PO10: Function in an ethical and professional manner without bias against any ethnicity, race, , religion, caste or gender.
- PO11: Practice professional and ethical responsibilities with high degree of credibility, integrity and social concern.