Department of Radiodiagnosis
The Department of Radiodiagnosis at K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore was established in the year 1999. The department is highly specialized and strives to meet all the patient's and clinician's needs in diagnostic imaging and image-guided procedures and therapies. Our mission is to provide services which are uniformly of the highest quality. The department is equipped with state of the art imaging modalities to aid in the diagnosis and thereby helping the clinicians to provide better treatment to the patients. The department also provides academic training to postgraduates, undergraduates and other health care personnel. There is a team of highly motivated radiologists who work as a complimentary team in a progressive department.
- To provide accuracy inpatient diagnosis with the minimal possible expenditure and least possible time.
- To perform advanced imaging techniques and to quantify techniques using appropriate scientific protocols.
- The staffing comprises of a group of highly motivated radiologists who work as a complementary team in a progressive department.
- Digital Mammography with Tomosynthesis.
- The infrastructure including CR system,16 slice CT scan, 1.5 T MRI 3D-4D ultrasound machine, high resolution multimodality monitors for reporting are of exceptional quality and at par with international standards. These aid in delivering quick and accurate diagnosis for patients improving overall care.
- There is scope to contribute more to the literary world as there is no shortage of Consultant specialists, patient workload or interesting cases in our hospital.
- The interdepartmental meetings where cases are discussed with the referring team and a joint decision is taken regarding the further management is currently sparse and sporadic. These not only benefit the patients but also the staff and the postgraduates. These can be formalized so that more postgraduates of both the departments will be benefited.
- With recent appointment of interventional radiologist there is a huge opportunity for building the interventional radiology
- Present Ct scan 8 year old 16 slice CT needs up gradation.
- Vascular interventional radiology is lacking at present.
- To improve the facilities both infra structure wise, faculty wise to meet the social challenges and this in turn will benefit the community as a whole.
- Space for expansion of the department with space earmarked for the Consultant offices and reporting spaces.
Radiology Department Service
- Radiography unit-Digital radiography, computerised radiography, 800MA with fluoroscopy, 600MA and 300MA, 100 & 70 MA Portable X-ray units, C-Arm unit with system.
- Ultrasound unit - 3D, 4D USG with Colour Doppler and Elastography.
- Mammography unit with Tomosynthesis and Stereotactic biopsy.
- Angiography unit.
- 16 slice MDCT unit with 3D reconstruction and CT Angiography.
- MRI -1.5 Tesla unit.
Along with diagnostic services, the department also provides the following:
Therapeutic Interventional Services:
- USG and CT guided biopsy and FNAC
- USG and CT guided pig tail catheter insertion
- Image guided drainage procedures
- USG guided Biliary drainage.
- USG guided wire localisation of breast lesion
- USG guided intra articular injections
- USG guided rotator interval injections
- Mammogram – stereotactic breast biopsy
- USG marking of lesions in breast, thorax
- USG guided amniocentesis
- Barium swallow
- Barium Meal
- Barium meal follow through
- Barium enema
- T-Tube cholangiography