Pass in 10+2, with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology and English as one of the languages of study. Candidate should be NEET-UG qualified. The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MBBS will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-UG which will be conducted by the National Testing Agency generally in May, each year. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the Entrance Test, declaration of result and providing the All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), New Delhi for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats, 100% seats in Deemed Universities and providing the result to the State counselling authorities and admitting institutions.
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear for NEET-UG. NEET qualification is a pre-requisite for admission to MBBS.
The application form for NEET-UG can be submitted online through the website www.ntaneet.nic.in
on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form. Kindly visit www.mcc.nic.in
after announcement of NEET-UG results and obtain the details by clicking “UG Medical Counselling - Deemed/Central Universities”.
Admission to both General and NRI category seats in MBBS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-UG.
The fee structure for MBBS (General & NRI categories) is made available on our website www.nitte.edu.in
Documents required for admission to MBBS (Original + 3 attested copies)
Additional documents for NRI candidates
- NEET-UG allotment letter
- NEET score card & rank letter
- 10th standard marks card
- 12th standard marks card
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physical fitness certificate
- Blood group certificate
- Category certificate (If allotted under particular category)
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- PAN card copy of the parent
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
Additional documents for foreign nationals
- Passport copy of the parent
- Parent’s resident certificate issued by the Embassy of the country
- Employment certificate of the parent
- Income tax documents required as per the Income Tax Act, 1961
Commencement of Course
- Valid foreign passport and valid visa for the period of study
- Valid residential permit in India
- AIDS-free certificate
- Equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi
The MBBS course commences on the date prescribed by the Medical Council of India,
generally during the first week of August.