Pass in MBBS from a recognized medical college with permanent registration of any State Medical Council. Candidate should be NEET-PG qualified.
Admission to both General and NRI category seats in MD/MS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-PG.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MD/MS program will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-PG which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) generally in January each year. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-PG, declaration of the result and providing the result to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counselling Authorities. NBE has no role in counselling and allotment of seats.
Application form for NEET-PG can be submitted online through the website www.nbe.edu.in on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form. Kindly visit www.mcc.nic.in after announcement of the NEET-PG results to know the procedure of counselling in Deemed/Central Universities.
The fee structure of MD/MS is made available on our website www.nitte.edu.in
Documents required for admission to MD/MS (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Admit card issued by NBE
- Result/rank letter issued by NBE
- NEET-PG allotment letter & score card
- SSLC or equivalent marks card or birth certificate
- MBBS degree marks cards of all years
- Internship completion certificate
- Provisional/MBBS degree certificate
- Medical Council Registration certificate
- Karnataka Medical Council Registration certificate (compulsory for all students)
- MCI recognition of MBBS degree
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate issued by the authorized medical boards (if applicable)
- Physical fitness & blood group certificate
- PAN card copy of the parent and student
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- For NRI category admission: NRI status proof (Passport copy, employment certificate, Residence proof, Income tax documents, Sponsorship letter of parent/sponsor)
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
||Basic Sciences as applied to dermatology, STD and Leprosy
||S.T.D and Leprosy
||Recent Advances, Dermatology in relation to Systemic diseases
Other requirements: Dissertation
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1: Provide quality care to patients (Diagnosis, Management and Handling emergencies related to Skin, Venereal diseases and Leprosy).
- PO2: Practice the specialty concerned ethically and in step with the principles of primary health care
- PO3: Demonstrate sufficient understanding of the basic sciences related to his/her specialty
- PO4: Diagnose and manage majority of conditions related to Skin, Venereal diseases and Leprosy clinically and with the help of relevant investigations.
- PO5: Plan and advise measures for prevention and rehabilitation of patients belonging to his specialty.
- PO6: Play the assigned role in the implementation of the national health programme, effectively and responsibly.
- PO7: Develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuing education needs; select and use appropriate learning resources.
- PO8: Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology and epidemiology, and be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature.
- PO9: Develop skills in using educational methods and techniques as applicable to the teaching of medical/nursing students, general physicians and paramedical health workers.
- PO10: Function as an effective leader of a health team engaged in health care, research or training.