Let's help you navigate your Course
About the Institution
K S Hegde Medical Academy, established in 1999 is recognized by the Medical Council of India. It is affiliated to Nitte (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru. The college is situated in the Medical Sciences Complex at Deralakatte, Mangaluru.
Dean: Prof. (Dr) P S Prakash, MBBS, MD (General Medicine) Prof. Prakash is a renowned physician and has nearly 4 decades of clinical, undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral training experience.
Respiratory Therapy: Dr. Giridhar B.H, MD, DNB, PDCC. Dr. Giridhar has seven years of teaching experience and has published 22 research articles in various national and international journals.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
Pass in 10+2, with 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English as one of the
languages of study. The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st
December of the year of admission.
Students seeking admission to any of the BSc courses are required to submit the
Admission Enquiry form available on the homepage of www.nitte.edu.in
On receipt of the same, the Admission Section will guide the students with the process
of registration and admission.
Admission is based on merit in the qualifying examination.
Documents required for admission to BSc Courses
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth (Original + 3 attested copies)
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Transfer certificate from the institution last attended (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended
- Migration certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied
(Original + 3 attested copies)
- Physical fitness and blood group certificate
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi
& size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
Semester I & II :
Applied Anatomy, Applied Physiology, Applied Biochemistry, Introduction to Respiratory Therapy, Applied Pathology, Applied Microbiology, Respiratory Therapy basics, Environmental & Occupational Health, Pulmonary Function tests.
Semester III & IV :
Patient care and basic Nursing, Basics of medical disorders, Sleep medicine, Biostatistics, Respiratory Pharmacology, Bronchoscopy & EBUS, Allergy & Immunology, Imaging Modality in respiratory medicine, Research Methodology.
Semester V & VI :
Chest physical therapy & Pulmonary rehabilitation, Basic Intensive Care, Respiratory infections, Elective 1, Bio-informatics, Clinical respiratory medicine, Interventional Pulmonology, Advanced Intensive Care, Elective 2, Psychology.