Pass in MBBS from a recognized medical college with permanent registration of any State Medical Council. Candidate should be NEET-PG qualified.
Admission to both General and NRI category seats in MD/MS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-PG.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MD/MS program will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-PG which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) generally in January each year. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-PG, declaration of the result and providing the result to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counselling Authorities. NBE has no role in counselling and allotment of seats.
Application form for NEET-PG can be submitted online through the website www.nbe.edu.in on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form. Kindly visit www.mcc.nic.in after announcement of the NEET-PG results to know the procedure of counselling in Deemed/Central Universities.
The fee structure of MD/MS is made available on our website www.nitte.edu.in
Documents required for admission to MD/MS (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Admit card issued by NBE
- Result/rank letter issued by NBE
- NEET-PG allotment letter & score card
- SSLC or equivalent marks card or birth certificate
- MBBS degree marks cards of all years
- Internship completion certificate
- Provisional/MBBS degree certificate
- Medical Council Registration certificate
- Karnataka Medical Council Registration certificate (compulsory for all students)
- MCI recognition of MBBS degree
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate issued by the authorized medical boards (if applicable)
- Physical fitness & blood group certificate
- PAN card copy of the parent and student
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- For NRI category admission: NRI status proof (Passport copy, employment certificate, Residence proof, Income tax documents, Sponsorship letter of parent/sponsor)
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
||Basic Sciences – (Pre & Paraclinical subjects) - Applied aspects and General Medicine Topics:
|Fluid & Electrolyte balance
|Shock and Multiorgan failure
|Poisoning & Toxicology
|Pregnancy and Adolescent Medicine
|Pre anaesthetic and post-operative medical problem
|Emergency & Critical Care Medicine
||Infectious diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary diseases, Diseases of Pancreas.
||Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Rheumatology, Connective Tissue Disorders, Metabolic Bone Disorders, Sexual Medicine
||Recent Advances, Nephrology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Haematology including Blood transfusion, Medical Oncology, Psychiatry, Dermatology & Venerology, Occupational Diseases
Other requirements: Dissertation
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1: Practice efficiently internal medicine speciality, backed by scientific knowledge including basic sciences and skills.
- PO2: Diagnose and manage majority of conditions in internal medicine
- PO3: Demonstrate empathy and caring attitude and maintain professional integrity, honesty and high ethical standards
- PO4: Plan and deliver comprehensive treatment using the principles of rational drug therapy
- PO5: Plan and advise measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients belonging to internal medicine
- PO6: Manage emergencies efficiently by providing basic life support and advanced life support in an emergency situation
- PO7: Recognise conditions that may be outside the area of the speciality/competence and refer them to an appropriate specialists
- PO8: Demonstrate skills in the documentation of case details including epidemiological data
- PO9: Play the assigned roles in the implementation of national health programmes
- PO10: Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of methodology and clinical epidemiology and preventive aspects of various disease states
- PO11: Facilitate learning of medical/nursing students, practicing physicians, paramedical health workers and other providers as a teacher-trainer
- PO12: Continue to evince keen interest in continuing education and use appropriate learning resources
- PO13: Be well versed with the medico legal responsibilities
- PO14: Undertake audit, use information technology tools and carry out research, with the aim of publishing/presenting in scientific forums
- PO15: Recognise the mental conditions, behaviour, abnormal functioning in social interaction and/or poor communications