Department of Urology
Department of Urology
- The Urology department has been functioning since the inception of KSHEMA, under the leadership of Professor. Dr. V.N. Bhat. From 2006 onwards, Dr. Rajeev T.P has taken over as the head of the department and has shown tremendous progress in all aspects.
- The department regularly performs endoscopic and advanced laparoscopic procedures eliminating painful incisions and disfiguring scars.
- Our department is a recognized center for Renal Transplantation and has successfully performed a number of living donor renal transplants.
- THULIUM Laser Enucleation of Prostate (THULEP) – Its comparison with the gold standard procedure Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP).
- Stone disease – comparison between Miniperc and Standard PCNL for Guys Stone Score 1 renal stones
- Detection of incidence of septic foci in renal calculus by stone culture and renal urine culture in patients with calculus urinary disease
- Psycho social impact of Nocturia (Ph.D)
- Bladder retraining and Pelvic floor muscle exercise for urinary incontinence (Ph.D)
- Endo Urological surgeries of kidney, ureter, urinary bladder, prostate and urethra
- Extra corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Renal transplantation (Live & Cadaveric)
- Re-constructive Urology, Pediatric Urology and Uro-Oncology surgeries
- 120W THULIUM LASER (Revolix 120-LISA GERMANY) for Laser prostate procedures
- Holmium Laser (Sphinx 30) for stone fragmentation and calculus dusting.
- P5 flexible ureteroscopy (OLYMPUS) for laser fragmentation of kidney stone without making any hole.
- STORZ – IMAGE 1TMSPIES HD system for laparoscopy/cystoscopy with CHROMA / CLARA variations for better delineation and for early detection of bladder tumor.
- Siemens ACUSON X300 PE ultrasound system for additional urology applications including percutaneous procedures and TRUS guided prostate biopsies.
- Medkonsult 8-Channel Urodynamic System for Uroflowmetry and Filling/Voiding Cystometry.
- Weekly Andrology Clinical and support work for KSHEMA IVF Lab.
- Speciality Clinics : Infertility / Oncology / Sex clinic / Stone clinic / Female Urology / Neuro-Urology / Pediatric Urology
- Daily OPD (9am – 4pm) – 3rd Floor, Adyanthaya Block, operation theatres functions every day and 24 hour casualty services for emergency Urology care.
- The first SWAP KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION of Dakshina Kannada was performed at Justice K.S. Hegde Hospital in December 2016.
- The department initiated the first super speciality post graduate course (M.Ch Urology) in KSHEMA for the academic year 2016.
- The only super speciality department in KSHEMA to have a PG teaching program which is MCI recognized.
- Dr. Rajeev TP (organizing secretary), organized the 31st Annual conference of Urological Association of Kerala at Lalit, Bekal- UAKON 2017.
- Dr. Rajeev T P is currently the President of Mangalore Urology Forum.
WHAT STARTS HERE
CHANGES THE WORLD