Pass in MBBS from a recognized medical college with permanent registration of any State Medical Council. Candidate should be NEET-PG qualified.
Admission to both General and NRI category seats in MD/MS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-PG.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MD/MS program will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-PG which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) generally in January each year. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-PG, declaration of the result and providing the result to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counselling Authorities. NBE has no role in counselling and allotment of seats.
Application form for NEET-PG can be submitted online through the website www.nbe.edu.in on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form. Kindly visit www.mcc.nic.in after announcement of the NEET-PG results to know the procedure of counselling in Deemed/Central Universities.
The fee structure of MD/MS is made available on our website www.nitte.edu.in
Documents required for admission to MD/MS (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Admit card issued by NBE
- Result/rank letter issued by NBE
- NEET-PG allotment letter & score card
- SSLC or equivalent marks card or birth certificate
- MBBS degree marks cards of all years
- Internship completion certificate
- Provisional/MBBS degree certificate
- Medical Council Registration certificate
- Karnataka Medical Council Registration certificate (compulsory for all students)
- MCI recognition of MBBS degree
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate issued by the authorized medical boards (if applicable)
- Physical fitness & blood group certificate
- PAN card copy of the parent and student
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- For NRI category admission: NRI status proof (Passport copy, employment certificate, Residence proof, Income tax documents, Sponsorship letter of parent/sponsor)
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
||Neuro Anatomy, Neurophysiology, Neurochemistry, Genetics, General and Abnormal Psychology, Social psychology, Anthropology, Ethology and Statistics.
||History of psychiatry, Classificatory systems in Psychiatry, Adult psychiatric disorders including personality disorders, substance-related disorders, sexual disorders, eating disorders, sleep disorders (Epidemiology aetiopathogenisis, clinical features, treatment course and outcome). Psychosomatic disorders, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, Geriatric psychiatry, Psychiatricemergencies, Psychooncology, Psychoneuroimmunology, Psychoneuroendocrinology, chronopsychobiology, electrophysiological procedures and brain imaging in psychiatry.
||Child and adolescent psychiatric disorders including mental retardation(Epidemiology, aetiopathogenisis, clinical features, treatment course and outcome) mental health issues in women including post-partum psychiatric disorders, measurements in Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology, Electroconvulsive therapy, Psychosurgery, Psychotherapy, Rehabilitation in psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Cultural Psychiatry, Community psychiatry and Ethics in Psychiatry.
||Neurology and Medicine related to Psychiatry and recent advances in Psychiatry
Other requirements: Dissertation
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1: Discuss the relevance of mental health in relation to the health needs of the country
- PO2: Discuss the social, economic, biological and emotional determinants of mental health
- PO3: Take detailed history, conduct an appropriate ethically valid physical examination and institute appropriate evaluation procedures to make a correct clinical diagnosis
- PO4: Perform relevant investigative and therapeutic procedures for the psychiatric patient
- PO5: Recommend appropriate laboratory and imaging examinations and interpret the results correctly
- PO6: Organise comprehensive treatment of a psychiatric patient using principles of rational drug therapy
- PO7: Formulate rehabilitation plan of a psychiatric patient suffering from chronic illness
- PO8: Manage psychiatric emergencies efficiently
- PO9: Demonstrate empathy and humane approach towards patients and their families and respect their sensibilities
- PO10: Demonstrate communication skills of a high order in explaining management and prognosis, providing counseling and giving health education messages to patients, families and communities
- PO11: Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology and responsible conduct of research
- PO12: Organise appropriate steps in the implementation of national mental health programs, effectively and responsibly
- PO13: Discriminate the legal issues in the practise of Psychiatry
- PO14: Recognise the special requirements in the practice of Child and a adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- PO15: Demonstrate competence in teaching medical/paramedical students, health professionals, members of allied disciplines (e.g. behavioural sciences), law enforcement agencies, families and consumers and members of the public
- PO16: Recognise the ethical considerations in the teaching and practice of Psychiatry