Department of Oncology
The Department of Oncology was inaugurated on March 26, 2013. The Department has facilities for Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Medical Oncology with a fully equipped daycare center to cater to both outpatient and inpatients. The Department consists of one Professor, two Asst. Professors and one Senior Resident.
Courses Offered – Ph.D.: We have 2 Ph.D. students in our department. Co- Guide for MD, MS and M.Sc. student and UG and PG student
Clinical Services (Departmental Infrastructure)
- The Department is equipped with Linear Accelerator (Dual energy photons, 5 energies of electrons and CT simulator first of its kind in Mangalore which can deliver Two Dimensional Radiotherapy (2DRT), Three Dimensional Radiotherapy (3DCRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT – Dynamic Leaf MLC – faster treatment) and Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT).
- The floor area of the department consists of 28000 sqft.
- The Department has one Minor OT and a bed strength of 40.
- Schemes applicable – Sampoorna Suraksha, Vajpayee Arogyashree, Yashashwini, Arogyabhagya, ESI, Kshema Health Card, Nerekere Kshema,
- Facilities extended - Patient counselling, pain & palliative, daycare, Chemotherapy for solid malignancy
- Extension activities – attended Vajpayee camps at various places, attended radio programme for giving awareness about the department, information is given through brochures, and publicity is given through paper advertisement, radio and television.
- The department is one of the best equipped with best of its facilities including a Linear Accelerator, the first of its kind in Mangalore. We also offer good patient care.
- We have good interaction and co-ordination with other departments.