About the Institution
K S Hegde Medical Academy, established in 1999 is recognized by the Medical Council of India. It is affiliated to Nitte (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru. The college is situated in the Medical Sciences Complex at Deralakatte, Mangaluru.
Dean: Prof. (Dr) P S Prakash, MBBS, MD (General Medicine)
Prof. Prakash is a renowned physician and has nearly 4 decades of clinical, undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral training experience.
- Respiratory Therapy: Dr. Giridhar B.H, MD, DNB, PDCC.
Dr. Giridhar has seven years of teaching experience and has published 22 research articles in various national and international journals.
Semester I & II :
Applied Anatomy, Applied Physiology, Applied Biochemistry, Introduction to Respiratory Therapy, Applied Pathology, Applied Microbiology, Respiratory Therapy basics, Environmental & Occupational health, Pulmonary Function tests.
Semester III & IV :
Patient care and basic Nursing, Basics of medical disorders, Sleep medicine, Biostatistics, Respiratory Pharmacology, Bronchoscopy & EBUS, Allergy & Immunology, Imaging Modality in respiratory medicine, Research Methodology.
Semester V & VI :
Chest physical therapy & Pulmonary rehabilitation, Basic Intensive Care, Respiratory infections, Elective 1, Bio-informatics, Clinical respiratory medicine, Interventional Pulmonology, Advanced Intensive Care, Elective 2, Psychology.
- Respiratory Therapist
- ICU co-ordinator
- Polysomnography Technologist
- Pulmonary function Technologist
- Physician assistant to Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonologist
- Domiciliary Respiratory Therapist
- Product Trainer
Intake: 8 | Duration: 4 years (including 1 year Internship)
Pass in the 12th standard or equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English as one of the languages of study.
Documents required for admission: (original + 3 copies)
Commencement of course
- 12th standard marks card.
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth
- Transfer certificate from the institution last attended
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended
- Migration certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied.
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- Blood group certificate.
- Photographs: Recent color photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 no.'s) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 no.'s)
- Aadhar card copy of the student.
- Diploma marks cards & Diploma certificate (For Lateral Entry)
The course commences on the date prescribed by University, generally in August.