(Psychiatric Social Work)
Psychiatric Social Work occupies a prominent role not only in mental health services but also in various general, medical and other rehabilitation programs. Application of professional social work concepts, methods, techniques and skills in psychiatric services are the key elements of psychiatric social work profession. With the launching of National Mental Health Program, enactment of National Mental Health Act and involvement of Primary Health Centers in providing care to the psychiatric patients, the services of Psychiatric Social Workers came into prominence.
Scope of M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work:
M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work is a clinically oriented course . Those trained in this field are equipped to work as counselors in Schools, Family Courts, Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centres, industries, NGOs and as academicians too.
Eligibility for admission:
Pass in MSW (Medical and Psychiatric Social Work) with not less than 55% marks in
Eligible students will be selected on the basis of educational qualification, achievements, professional experience and personal interview
Intake & Duration:
Intake: 4 | Duration: 2 years
List of documents to be produced at the time of admission:
(Original + 3 attested copies)
Commencement of course:
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth.
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate.
- Degree marks cards of all years.
- Provisional / Degree certificate.
- Post Graduate Degree marks cards of all years.
- Post Graduate Degree certificate.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied.
- Physical fitness and Blood Group certificate.
- Aadhar card copy of the student.
- Recent color photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35mm X 45 mm (Passport size) & 20mm X 25mm (Stamp size)
The course commences as per the date prescribed by Nitte (Deemed to be University) most likely in the second week of August.