Medical Imaging or diagnostic radiography is the practice of taking medical images of the internal body parts. A range of technologies such as Radiography, Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Computed Tomography, Mammography, Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging are used.
Medical imaging professionals are a vital part of the healthcare team, as the images they collect are usually used to confirm or exclude a medical diagnosis, to advise on the treatment of illness, monitor patient progress, or provide medical screening information to doctors and other medical specialists.
Medical Imaging Technology involves the use of X-ray, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, Angiography and PET technologies to diagnose diseases. Graduates of Medical Imaging Technology have a wide range of career opportunities in government / private / corporate hospitals, software development team (for medical imaging systems), teaching and research. They may also pursue more technical careers in medical physics or biophysics, quality control, radiation health or with equipment manufacturers.
Eligibility for admission:
A candidate seeking admission to M.Sc (Medical Imaging Technology) course must have passed Bachelor’s degree of minimum of 3.5 years duration in Medical Imaging Technology / Radiography Technology, recognized as equivalent by Nitte University, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
Intake & Duration:
Intake: 4 | Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
List of documents required for admission (Original+3attested copies):
Commencement of course :
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth.
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate.
- B. Sc (MIT) degree marks cards of all years.
- B. Sc (MIT) Provisional / Degree certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate from the Board/University of the institution last studied.
- Physical fitness and Blood Group certificate.
- Aadhar card copy of the student.
- Photographs : Recent colour photo with white background of resolution 300-
600 dpi and size 35mm x 45 mm (5 no.s) and size 20mm x 25 mm (5 no.s)
The course commences as per the date prescribed by Nitte (Deemed to be University) most likely in the second week of August.